- Subsbase allows you to customize your billing frequency for your customers through payment schedules.
- You can also have customized billing dates for each customer with auto-calculated scheduled payments.
- You can even create templates to be used later on when creating new payment schedules.
|Status||What does it mean?|
|CANCELED||The scheduled payment was terminated before processing.|
|FAILED||The payment attempt during scheduling encountered an error or failure.|
|NOT PAID||The scheduled payment has not been completed or initiated.|
|OVERDUE||The scheduled payment is past its due date and remains unpaid.|
|PAID||The scheduled payment was successfully processed and completed.|
|PARTIALLY PAID||The scheduled payment was initiated and partially paid but not fully settled, leaving an outstanding amount of the total amount due.|
|PROCESSING||The scheduled payment is currently in progress, awaiting a response from the payment gateway.|
To create a new payment schedule in your Subsbase site, go to the Schedules page on your Admin Portal, then click the Create Payment Schedule button, and fill in the following fields:
- You can choose from "Existing Customers" or "Create A New One."
- Creating a new customer can be done by either clicking "Create A New One" or from the Customers page.
- This is the name of your schedule that will be shown to your customers on the Customers page.
- The Schedule Name is not required to be unique and can be shared among payment schedules. However, it is recommended to use a unique name for ease of schedule referencing.
- This is the name of your product that will be shown to your customers on the Customers page.
- Product (Product Name) is not required to be unique and can be shared among payment schedules. However, it is recommended to use a unique name for ease of product referencing.
- Subsbase supports 21 currencies, across its gateway integrations, to choose from while creating new payment schedules.
- However, each site can have different allowed currencies, which will be the only available ones to choose from in the currency dropdown while creating the payment schedules.
- This is an optional field at this stage, as the payment method can also be chosen during the checkout process.
- However, if you decided to select the payment method here, you have to select the customer first.
- You can choose from existing payment methods or add new ones.
- You can only add the available payment methods that are already stored from the selected customer on their Customer Profile.
- Any other payment method(s) that are not available in the dropdown of the "Existing Payment Methods" or "Add New" should be added by the customers themselves on their personal Customer Profile on the Customers page.
- Subsbase provides you with the dunning feature to help recover failed payments.
- You have the option to select either from "Existing Dunning Profiles" or "Create A New One." Choosing the latter will guide you to the Dunning Profiles section within the Settings page, where you can create a new profile.
- By default, this field is set to "No Invoicing".
- Every billing event generates transactions within Subsbase, accessible through the Transactions page. However, it is important to note that not each of them requires an invoice.
- Therefore, when creating your payment schedule, you have three invoicing options to choose from:
- No Invoicing: This option entails the creation of only a transaction on the Transactions page when the scheduled amount is paid. No invoice will be generated.
- Collective Invoice: This option entails the creation of a collective invoice for the total value of all scheduled payments combined.
- Per Payment Invoice: This option entails the creation of an invoice for each scheduled payment as it becomes due.
Once you have completed the necessary details within the "Schedule Info" section, you will be presented with three choices for setting up your scheduled payments: Add, Batch Add, and Use Template.
- Adding scheduled payments one by one.
- The Batch Scheduled Payments feature enables the efficient creation of multiple repetitive scheduled payments.
- Instead of creating scheduled payments from scratch, you can use one of the already-made templates.
- To create a new template on your Subsbase site, go to Schedules > Templates, and then click the Create Template button.
Within the "Scheduled Payments" tab you have the ability to:
- Track amounts to be paid in a payment schedule.
- Add a new payment schedule
- Export, Mark as Paid, and/or Delete any of your scheduled payments from the ellipsis (...)
Within the "Details" tab you have the option to:
- Update the "Schedule Info," except for the "Customer" field which cannot be edited.
- Update the "Schedule Rules," except for the "Payment Method" field which cannot be edited.
- Download the scheduled payments from the "Download PDF" button.
- By clicking the "Export All" button on your Payment Schedules page, you can view a comprehensive list of all payment schedules present on your site.
Through the "View Settings" icon, you can customize the way your payment schedules list is displayed according to your preferences.
- Payment schedules can be searched by Schedule Name and Product Name.
- You can sort payment schedules by Schedule Name, Product Name, or Created On.
- And by clicking on the arrows next to them, you can switch between ascending and descending orders.