How to create a payment schedule
- SubsBase allows you to customize your billing frequency for your customers through the payment schedules.
- You can also have customized billing dates for each customer with auto-calculated scheduled payments.
- You can even create templates to be used later on when creating new payment schedules.
Once you create a payment schedule, you will not be able to edit any field in the "Payment Schedule Info" section, except for the "Payment Method" field.
Anything in the "Scheduled Payments" section can be edited anytime after the creation of a payment schedule.
To create a new payment schedule on your SubsBase site, go to Schedules > Payment Schedules on the left sidebar, then click the + Create Payment Schedule button at the top right of the Schedules page. You will see a form with the following fields:
Payment Schedule Info
- You can choose from existing customers or create a new one.
- Creating a new customer can be done either by clicking on the "Create A New One" button, or from the Customer Page.
Payment Method (Optional)
- This is an optional field here cause you can select the payment method later on the Checkout Page.
- However, if you decided to select the payment method here, you have to select the customer first.
- You can choose from existing payment methods or add new ones.
- The user (admin) can only add the available payment methods that are already stored from the selected customer.
- Any other payment method(s) that are not available in the dropdown of the "Existing Payment Methods" or "Add New" should be added by the customers themselves on their personal profiles on the Customers Page.
Name (Schedule Name) (Required)
- This is the name of your schedule that will be shown to your customers on the Customers Page.
- Name (Schedule Name) is not a unique field and can share the same name across payment schedules, but we suggest you use a unique name to make referencing the schedule easier.
Product (Product Name) (Required)
- This is the name for your product that will be shown to your customers on the Customers Page.
- Product (Product Name) is not a unique field and can share the same name across payment schedules, but we suggest you use a unique name to make referencing the products easier.
- SubsBase supports 21 currencies, across its gateway integrations, to choose from while creating new payment schedules.
- However, each site can have different allowed currencies, which will be the only available ones to choose from in the currency dropdown while creating the payment schedules.
- By default, this field is set to "No Invoicing".
- All billing events create transactions in SubsBase, which can be found in the Transactions page. However, not each of them requires an invoice.
- So, you have three invoicing options to choose from while creating your payment schedule:
- No Invoicing: No invoice will be created when the scheduled amount is paid, only a trasaction will be found in the Transactions page.
- Collective Invoice: A collective invoice will be created for the total value of all scheduled payments combined.
- Per Payment Invoice: An invoice will be created per scheduled payment once due.
Extra Details (Optional)
- Any extra details you want to add to your customer in the "Payment Schedule Info" section.
Enable Dunning (Optional)
- SubsBase provides you with the dunning feature to help recover failed payments.
- This toggle is disabled by default unless you enabled it.
- You have two options to choose from when dunning is enabled:
- Choose From Existing Dunning Profiles
- Create A New One, which will direct you to the Dunning Profiles in the Settings page to create a new profile.
After filling out the required attributes of the "Payment Schedule Info", you will have three options to create your scheduled payments: Add, Batch Add, and Use Template.
- Adding scheduled payments one by one.
- (Required) Fields: Name, Date and Amounts.
- (Optional) Field: Reference #.
The Reference # should have cheque number if the 'cheque' payment method is chosen for that schedule to allow consolidation of payments.
+ Batch Add
- Batch Scheduled Payments is designed to allow the creation of multiple repetitive scheduled payments.
- (Required) Fields: Name, Amounts, Start Date and Number of Payments.
- (Optional) Field: Period between each payment.
+ Use Template
- Instead of creating scheduled payments from scratch, you can use one of the already made templates.
- To create a new template on your SubsBase site, go to Schedules > Templates on the left sidebar, then click the + Create Template button at the top right of the Templates page.
- (Required) Fields: Amount, Start Date and Template Name.
Payment Schedules List
- As a user (admin): To track amounts to be paid in a payment schedule, click on the desired schedule in the list. This gives you a summary of the "Payment Schedule Info" and "Scheduled Payments".
- As a customer: To track amounts to be paid in a payment schedule, go to the "Payment Schedules" on the Customers page.
- The export will show you all payment schedules that exist on your site.
- You can also export scheduled payments created in a specific schedule by clicking on it on the dashboard, then clicking the "Export" button in the Scheduled Payments" section.