SubsBase gives you a flexible and easy way to provide your customers with discounts, by using Coupons to create codes your customers can redeem in order to get a discount on their subscriptions. You can set up two types of coupons in your site:
- Discount (Fixed Amount)
- Discount (Percentage)
- Both types of coupons, Discount (Fixed Amount) and Discount (Percentage), are always applied to the next invoice after a coupon is redeemed.
- Discounts are applied before applying the taxes and extra fees, if any.
- Customers are only allowed to redeem a single coupon at a time. Redeeming multiple coupons or receiving multiple discounts at a time on the same invoice is not available.
To create a new coupon on your SubsBase site, go to Coupons on the left sidebar, then click the + New Coupon button at the top right of the Coupons page. You will see a form with the following fields:
Name (Coupon Name)(Required)
- This is just an internal name for your coupon campaign, which will not be shown to your customers. However, we recommend setting up a naming convention within your company to help differentiate between campaigns.
- Name (Coupon Name) is not a unique field and can share the same name across coupon campaigns, but we suggest you use a unique name to make referencing the campaign easier.
- Coupon Code Prefix is a unique field and can not share the same Code Prefix across coupon campaigns.
- Additional characters will be added if multiple coupons are created, i.e. the quantity of coupons is set to more than one.
- For example, if the quantity of coupons is set to 1, and the code prefix is "SALE50%", then only 1 coupon code will be created with the “SALE50%" prefix without adding any additional characters.
- However, if the quantity of coupons is set to 3, then 3 coupon codes will be created with the "SALE50%" prefix in addition to more characters: “SALE50%-w0af0”, “SALE50%-tj1x0”, and “SALE50%-il0m”.
- Coupon Code is case-sensitive, so the code must be entered exactly as it appears. This means that letters must be entered in the correct case.
- For example, if the code is “SALE50%”, then using “sale50%” will not work.
- There are two types of discounts: fixed amount and percentage.
- Both types of coupon redemption will apply the currency that matches the invoice.
- The value of discount you want to create, whether it is a fixed amount or percentage.
- The discount will be applied in the currency that matches the invoice
- For example, if the value is 50 in a fixed amount type of discount, then a $50 discount will be applied on the subtotal of the invoice , before applying the taxes and extra fees, if any.
- And if the value is “50” in a percentage type of discount, then the discount will be 50% off on the subtotal of invoice, before applying the taxes and extra fees, if any.
- The quantity of coupon codes you want to create in a campaign.
- By default, this field is set to "1".
- The usage limit is the number of times a coupon is automatically used for renewals.
- So, when the usage limit is enabled, it indicates that the coupon code will be renewed for another billing cycle based on the number you enter in the usage limit field.
- And when the usage limit is disabled, the field is set to "Unlimited" by default, which means that the coupon will be automatically used for renewals for an unlimited time.
- When the start and end dates are enabled, the discount will be only valid for the specified period of time.
- When the start and end dates are disabled, the field is set to "Anytime" by default.
- When the redemption limit is enabled, it indicates the number of times a single coupon code can be redeemed by a customer.
- When the redemption limit is disable, the field is set to "Unlimited" by default.
- When the plan code is enabled, it indicates that discount is redeemable on the selected plan(s).
- Inactive/Active toggle allows you to deactivate or activate any coupon codes (including the redeemed codes).
- To deactivate or activate any coupon code, go to Coupon Dashboard > open the coupon profile > Edit > enable your desired option from the Inactive/Active toggle.
- Redeemable coupons can be edited to change display text or redemption rules.
- Any coupon attributes that would affect active redemptions currently on a customer's account are not allowed to be edited.
- All coupon fields can be edited after the coupon is created, except the Code (Prefix) and Quantity.
- Any redeemed coupon codes can not be deleted. However, the unredeemed ones can be deleted.
- There are two ways to delete a coupon:
- Either from the Coupon Dashboard > Actions Column > “Bin/Trash” icon
- Or from the “Delete” button that appears when you open any created coupon from the dashboard.
- The export will show you all coupons that exist on your site.
- You can also export coupon codes created in a campaign from its coupon profile. This option is only available for coupon profiles with multiple codes (quantity of coupons is set to be more than 1).